Introductions week

Emma
Tutor
What decks do you use?: Thoth, Sacred Circle, Individuum, Margaret Peterson

Introductions week

Post by Emma » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:01 pm

This is the week for preparing for the journey ahead. Gathering resources and putting aside time for the work. You might schedule this or simply put out a strong intention through your practice this week.
Things to actually do:
1 . Prepare an online journal/private blog you are happy for me to access through the duration of the course. As before I will read everything here but may not comment in depth - I will make a comment though where I feel particularly drawn to. Journal here your experiences in life related to the course work and any additional work you do - if, for your own record keeping you want to post your actual work here as well as the forum feel free to do so - I will respond fully though to the things on the forum.
2 . Start a morning practice of 5 -10 minutes meditation on a candle, or simply the breath. Just as a practice to clear the mind for the day ahead. See thoughts from a distance and don’t engage in dialogue with them. If you find yourself getting caught up with them then simply bring yourself back to stillness as soon as you realise and understand this is the process of meditation - you have done nothing wrong - you are doing what is required. Sometimes you will be able to hold the stillness more consistently than others, but it is the turning up and intending that is the power of this. You may wish to make notes of your experience of doing this sometimes - or everytime, as a discipline of self listening - a sentence may be enough to be paying attention to yourself.
3 . Watch out for and record your dreams. Putting a pen and paper by your bed or digital way of recording them. Then when you awake and recognise you’re dreaming - quickly remembering the proceedings of the dream ‘day’ as you wake will help you retain more information. Write down whatever you remember even if it is just a glimmer of a feeling or image. Again as y ou do this you will find you are likely to recall more and more of your dreams. We can work through some or all of these in the forum (depending on how prolific you become :D) It can be like a message from your unconscious as to how the work is going and what you need to pay attention to.

I am aware that through this course I will present, what could feel like a huge amount of work to get done in each topic - however each exercise and technique is simply a way to access your inner self - your intuition and your healing so its like all roads lead to the same place - Feel free to choose what to do and what to leave out - you might want to continue to develop something you feel comes naturally in order to get into an issue deeply - or you might feel you wish to explore and further develop a technique or access method that is less developed in you - or you might do some of each as you feel drawn at the time. If there are any changes you would like as we go along do feel free to let me know - I will do what I can to be flexible and respond to your needs as time goes on, though I do hope to have completed the writing of the work well before we get to the end of the course.

Emma
Tutor

Introductions week

Post by Emma » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:03 pm

Also if you would post where you are as you come to this course, your hopes and fears, anticipations etc..
I don't need a full introduction as we have worked together extensively and we have communicated a lot leading up to the creation of this work - but anything additional you feel you might like to share as you start this course then please do so.

courtastrologer
What decks do you use?: Thoth

Re: Introductions week

Post by courtastrologer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:12 pm

Hello Emma

Yes, I'm in....

I see that you have accepted the blog link... I have got the diary together, and started the candle meditation this morning.

My dream life whilst I am sleeping is a bit barren, I have had a few vivid dreams in the last year, but only a few .... although I "see" things often when I am awake... so not sure what that's about.

A new power animal arrived already, around the time I paid for the course, which was interesting, timely, and on further research, totally the right animal.... of course. : BAT

I posted about it on the blog.

I'll keep working on the dreams

Joanna

Emma
Tutor

Re: Introductions week

Post by Emma » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:54 am

Thank you for your post above Joanna and access to your blog too - Bat sounds very appropriate :D

Return to “Admin and Updates”