Hajo Banzhaf

A place for a public chat about learning and working with the Thoth tarot deck
Oxford

Hajo Banzhaf

Postby Oxford » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:41 am

Hi
In the book "Keywords for the Crowley Tarot" By Hajo Banzhaf. on page 42, he has a spread The Blind Spot. I was thinking of using it for myself ?
If anybody has used this spread, any comments? :)

John (Oxford)

Oxford

Re: Hajo Banzhaf

Postby Oxford » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:07 am

:D There is quite an echo in this room. I would think out of 33 members someone has done this "The Blind Spot Spread" and could give there impressions, or do's or do nots.

:P Happy Christmas Holiday everyone.

John

Emma
Tutor
What decks do you use?: Thoth, Sacred Circle, Individuum, Margaret Peterson

Postby Emma » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:09 am

Actually John it is quite possible no-one has tried this spread, I haven't specifically myself. Often as people develop with the tarot we start to construct our own spreads and ones we find in books may only be tried if we are particularly drawn.

Sorry if you feel ignored, I am sure it is not anyone's intention.

It does look like a really good spread though and its great you are working with it - I can see it is loosely based on Joharis window which is a matrix often used in counselling theories and practice which helps someone look at their disclosure in situations they are in and also look at how self aware they are. You might be interested in looking into this further too as background to using this spread. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johari_window

TarotDragon

Postby TarotDragon » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:25 pm

Hi John,

Sorry don't visit here as often as I should. I haven't tried this spread either but I might just give it a try in the coming days as time permits and then come and post a few comments :)

I hope you and everyone on the forum also have a Very Happy Christmas Holiday/Yule time.

Jane

Semele
Tutor

Postby Semele » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi John,

It's great to see you here! Emma is right, I haven't personally tried that spread as I do tend to make up my own now. It looks very interesting though and it would be good to hear how you get on with it. I may even try it myself over the Christmas break now you've brought it to my attention.

I hope you have a very merry Christmas and a joyful New Year!
Love and light,
Semele
Triple Moon
Intuitive psychic healing, teaching and readings
http://www.triple-moon.com
01982 552515

Oxford

Postby Oxford » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:58 am

:) Re The Blind Spot.
I have drawn 1. The Hierophant
2. Knight of Wands
3. The Moon
4. Ten of Disks

I shall look at this spread over the holiday, and try to let you know my thoughts next week. :o

Best Wishes John

Oxford

Postby Oxford » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:06 pm

Oxford wrote::) Re The Blind Spot.
I have drawn 1. The Hierophant
2. Knight of Wands
3. The Moon
4. Ten of Disks

I shall look at this spread over the holiday, and try to let you know my thoughts next week. :o

Best Wishes John

The meaning (from the book) for Position 1 : Clear cut identity: In the thematic area of this card we perceive ourselves in the same manner as other see us.

The Hierophant V. yes this is interesting as it it is also my Life Time Symbol card. The principle of learning and teaching. Generally I trust in my search for truth, experience of meaning, virtue, expansion of consciousness, strength of faith ( I have tried to follow the Buddhist path for many years). I find it very gratifying if people see me in this light. I have always looked for the truth and what is beyond our everyday consciousness. it often seems to be just an arms length away but still not obtainable.

Pos. 2 meaning: The Great Unknown: Unconscious processes and unconscious driving forces that are very powerful, although we ourselves and others are not aware of them.

Knight of Wands: How much of these unconscious processes am I aware of? I do not know, but I think I feel it sometimes. I will quote from “Angeles Arrien” The Knight of Wands represents mastery of visionary goals and changes that are inspires from the deepest core of who we are. Opportunities to begin new ventures or to apply one’s vision in new directions.
Although I does seem as though I have been looking most of my life, it does tie in with my finding the tarot a couple of years ago. Is this it? I have a long life time of baggage to carry.

Pos. 3 meaning: The Shadow, what is concealed: Aspects of our being that are known to us, yet we hide- for whatever reasons-from the eyes of others.

The Moon. Key words from “Tarot: Mirror of the Soul” final testing; wrong turns; illusion; burning off karma; interaction or struggle with the subconscious; threshold to new levels of consciousness.
At the moment the only thing I can think of that I might hide is the effort I try to make to engage with my feminine side. I find it a struggle to abide by (if that’s the word) the socio-political concept of how a man should act (men don’t cry and all that nonsense)

Pos. 4. meaning. The Blind Spot: Manners of behavior that others perceive in us, but of which - at -least to this degree-we ourselves are not aware.

Ten of Disks. Key words: inner and outer richness; ability to make the inner wealth visible and share it with others.

I am at a loss to as how to explain this card in relation to myself. To say the key words apply, to me, seem rather self promoting. If this is my Blind Spot how do I resolve it and put it to good use?

One thing has come from trying to process this spread and cards. This is my rather obvious lack of skill and ability. So I think I will with draw on to the sidelines and just observe.
Thank you everyone. John

Oxford

Postby Oxford » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:23 pm

:lol: Sorry folks i got pushed onto the field of play again. So hear is a spread i tried using the THOTH deck. If you want to comment please do so + or -

Shooting Star - Spread 06/01/2010
It's aimed at yourself to help you understand the growth you have made and hope to make. It's called Shooting Star.
The Layout:

4 5

9 10 6

8 7

1: This reveals the distance I have already come.
2: This reveals the lessons I have already learnt.
3: This reveals the direction I hope to go.
4: This reveals the lessons I have yet to learn.
5: This reveals the foundation I need to build.
6: This reveals the obstacles I may have to face.
7: This reveals the desires I hope to fulfill.
8: This reveals the strength I need to develop.
9: This reveals the joy I hope to experience.
10: This reveals the enlightenment I hope to achieve.

Cards.
1. Knight of Swords: Goal orientated; ambition; flexible; intellectual powers; passion.
2. Knight of disks: Doctor; healer; financial investments; harvest; work and toil.
3. Six of Disks: external manifestation of the inner; success; transformation.
4. Four of Swords: Calm; centred; clarity; spiritual cleansing; integration; expansion.
5. Three of Disks: Work; toil; gradual progress; duty to oneself; self confidence.
6. The Emperor: Pioneer; discoverer; leader; initiator; creative wisdom; great leadership qualities; urge for action; adventutousness; new beginnings.
7. The Chariot: New beginning; change for the good; introspection; meditation; spiritual path.
8. Adjustment: Balance; centering; equilibrium; balancing of opposites; justice.
9. The Fool: Openness; trust; ready to take a risk; courage to stand your ground; freedom; independence; creativity; great potential; possibility to take a quantum leap; listening to the hearts voice.
10. Ace of Cups: Overflowing love; emotional clarity; deep love of self; giving and receiving.
Interpretation by me.
1.This reveals the distance I have already come. Knight of Swords: Goal orientated;ambition; flexible; intellectual powers; passion.
Yes I think I have achieved and come quite a distance, and I suppose quietly I am very pleased.

2: This reveals the lessons I have already learnt. Knight of disks: Doctor; healer; financial investments; harvest; work and toil.
In hindsight there are many lessons I have learnt and hope I will retain these in my heart.

3: This reveals the direction I hope to go. Six of Disks: external manifestation of the inner; success; transformation.
Spot on. My wish is to use the inner transformation and success for the benefit of others including myself.

4: This reveals the lessons I have yet to learn. Four of Swords: Calm; centred; clarity; spiritual cleansing; integration; expansion.
Yes certainly, I am only at the beginning of my task for this life. I have no illusions that there is a long way to go yet.

5: This reveals the foundation I need to build. Three of Disks: Work; toil; gradual progress; duty to oneself; self confidence.
How amazing. That is exactly the process I have to work through now and continue. Especially the self confidence one.

6: This reveals the obstacles I may have to face. The Emperor: Pioneer; discoverer; leader; initiator; creative wisdom; great leadership qualities; urge for action; adventurousness; new beginnings.
I think 5. & 6. would work together. I will have to try not to hide my abilities so much.

7: This reveals the desires I hope to fulfill. The Chariot: New beginning; change for the good; introspection; meditation; spiritual path.
My feelings for quite some months now has been to follow a new or different direction. Something like the Tarot is an extension of the spiritual path I was following.

8: This reveals the strength I need to develop. Adjustment: Balance; centering; equilibrium; balancing of opposites; justice.
Exactly right, I do need to bring it all together, balance all the different pieces. Not feel disorientated and fragmented.

9: This reveals the joy I hope to experience. The Fool: Openness; trust; ready to take a risk; courage to stand your ground; freedom; independence; creativity; great potential; possibility to take a quantum leap; listening to the hearts voice.
It almost makes me cry at the incredible response of the cards. I could not have said it better than the key words of The Fool.

10: This reveals the enlightenment I hope to achieve. Ace of Cups: Overflowing love; emotional clarity; deep love of self; giving and receiving.
What more can I say, if I could achieve this I would surely be blessed.

I think this has been a truly eye opening experience to try this spread. The cards came out so perfectly it makes my hair stand up.

John

Semele
Tutor

Postby Semele » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:05 pm

Hi John,

Thank you for sharing this spread with us. I love it when the Thoth does that, and it does it frequently! No nonsense and perfectly to the point!

It struck me that the messages in these cards were supporting some of the cards that came up in your previous Blind Spot spread. It would be worth comparing the two readings to see if you can make any more sense of it as you responded so well to this one. See how you get on!

And it's always lovely to hear about someone else who wants to help others along the journey. :D
Love and light,
Semele
Triple Moon
Intuitive psychic healing, teaching and readings
http://www.triple-moon.com
01982 552515

Alison

Postby Alison » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:08 pm

Hi John,

Both of these spreads sound interesting - I haven't tried either of them myself but might try them one of these days. Thanks for telling us about them.

Alison

Return to “Thoth Chat”