Thoth Groups

A place for a public chat about learning and working with the Thoth tarot deck
MalcolmSm1th
What decks do you use?: Thoth

Thoth Groups

Postby MalcolmSm1th » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:33 pm

I am, currently, a member of TABI but I don't think that I will be renewing when my membership expires as I don't feel that they are right for me and I don't feel at home there.

So I am looking around for an alternative mob and I wonder if anyone has any suggestions as to whom I could join for a more Thoth-centric organisation.

malc

Catnap
What decks do you use?: Llewellyn Tarot, Cats Eye Tarot, Wildwood Tarot, Tarot of the Pagan Cats, Deviant Moon Tarot, Shadowscapes Tarot, Radiant Wider Waite Tarot and the Fairytale Tarot.

Re: Thoth Groups

Postby Catnap » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:54 pm

Hi Malc

There is a new Thoth study group on FB - https://www.facebook.com/groups/thothlearning/

Might be of interest :)

Best wishes

Claire

Emma
Tutor
What decks do you use?: Thoth, Sacred Circle, Individuum, Margaret Peterson

Postby Emma » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi Malc

There is Tarot Professionals which I believe is more Thoth friendly, though I do have other misgivings about the organisation. You might find it suits your needs - no organisation is completely perfect. :D

http://www.tarotprofessionals.com/

MalcolmSm1th

Postby MalcolmSm1th » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:48 pm

Thanks to you both.

I don't do FaceBork any more, Catnap, - or not until I get my "Business One Way Do Not Write On My Wall Ye Great Unwashed" page set up as I don't like their security and privacy policies.

I may give that other lot a go, thanks, Emma. I've been put off them a little by their liberal and manic use of (TM), (C), (Pat Pending) labels on every second word. Anything which is likely to be so litigiously minded as that I am not likely to be fussed with.

I did buy one of their magazines once, though. It was nicely done and some interesting articles including one on some Japanese Hip-Hop Tarot Cabal which comes with its own Readers and DJ. Clearly a new angle on the Tarot scene and one which, perhaps, North Wales is missing out on.

I may give them a go anyway and will report back at a later stage. But if anyone is a member of a half decent group then please do let me know.

Malc

MalcolmSm1th

Postby MalcolmSm1th » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:14 pm

Well, TABI seems to be imploding in a Civil War. Something to do, no doubt, with knitting patterns, cats or something. I think that I am pleased to have called Time, Gentlemen on them.

I did try to join Katz' Tarotsoporific Mob (TM) (C) (P) but my membership application failed and my eMails to them went unanswered. So, one hint well and truly taken.

So, that's it. No obvious Thoth groups for me for the moment. Unless someone knows something different somewhere...

Malc

Catnap
What decks do you use?: Llewellyn Tarot, Cats Eye Tarot, Wildwood Tarot, Tarot of the Pagan Cats, Deviant Moon Tarot, Shadowscapes Tarot, Radiant Wider Waite Tarot and the Fairytale Tarot.

Postby Catnap » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:36 pm

Hi Malc

I had a look around and cant find a Thoth group.

After recent events at TABI I have to say I have been put off groups almost altogether!

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:37 pm

Malc

Perhaps you could try forming your own group?

Sarah

Catnap

Postby Catnap » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:45 pm

And we can always come here to discuss the Thoth :)

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:10 pm

Good idea, Catnap. It's nice here! <hides knitting needles behind back> :D

Return to “Thoth Chat”