COTD The Hierophant - unclear

A place for a public chat about learning and working with the Thoth tarot deck
Catnap
What decks do you use?: Llewellyn Tarot, Cats Eye Tarot, Wildwood Tarot, Tarot of the Pagan Cats, Deviant Moon Tarot, Shadowscapes Tarot, Radiant Wider Waite Tarot and the Fairytale Tarot.

COTD The Hierophant - unclear

Postby Catnap » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Is this one of the most complicated cards in the Thoth?! :?

I pulled this as my card of the day after asking the deck 'What can I learn from today?'.

I have studied the card and looked up its meanings in the books but am drawing a blank for it as an answer to my question. I must admit that this is a card I struggle with in any tarot deck :oops:

Any thoughts anyone?

Sarah
What decks do you use?: Thoth

Re: COTD The Hierophant - unclear

Postby Sarah » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi Catnap

The Hierophant is also a card I struggle with. Perhaps whatever it is you could learn today will become apparent later, when you've stepped away from putting conscious effort into the thought process? Maybe when you look back tomorrow? Or even in a dream tonight?

Sorry, not much help there... but I really wanted to say I love your avatar! :D

Sarah

Catnap
What decks do you use?: Llewellyn Tarot, Cats Eye Tarot, Wildwood Tarot, Tarot of the Pagan Cats, Deviant Moon Tarot, Shadowscapes Tarot, Radiant Wider Waite Tarot and the Fairytale Tarot.

Postby Catnap » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi Sarah

Thats a valid point thank you! I have made a note of it in my journal and will see if it becomes clearer over the next few days :)

I couldn't resist the avatar when I saw it - I love cats :)

Have a good evening.

Best wishes

Claire

Emma
Tutor
What decks do you use?: Thoth, Sacred Circle, Individuum, Margaret Peterson

Postby Emma » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Great suggestion Sarah!

Catnap, you might also look at it and see what image most speaks to you - then allow yourself to associate with that image and its position on the card. What you uncover will help you understand the card's meaning for you. There are traditional and intended meanings - however working from your own perceptions is a good place to start to form your own relationship with the card. Once you have done this you can look up the intended symbolism and decide how and whether this is relevant for you on that day.

Catnap

Postby Catnap » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:26 pm

Thanks Emma :)

Initially I looked at the card and felt it was telling me to remain strong as it has been a trying day and I am needing allot of patience at the moment. This doesnt fit with the meaning of the card though. Am I worrying too much about getting the 'right' answers?

Emma
Tutor
What decks do you use?: Thoth, Sacred Circle, Individuum, Margaret Peterson

Postby Emma » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi Catnap

Yes very possibly (re worrying to much about the right answers :D) You intuition sounds good - and actually connected with the card, it is ruled by taurus, which is all about patience and strength, determination to keep going forward - so yes it is part of the cards meaning. :D Well done!

Catnap

Postby Catnap » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:34 pm

Blimey - I have surprised myself!!!!

Thanks Emma :D

Return to “Thoth Chat”