Welcome to the Thoth forum

A place for a public chat about learning and working with the Thoth tarot deck
Emma
Tutor
What decks do you use?: Thoth, Sacred Circle, Individuum, Margaret Peterson

Welcome to the Thoth forum

Postby Emma » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:30 pm

Feel free to introduce yourself and say something about your experience or feelings about the Thoth and start a thread to discuss any point on the subject. You will need to register to be able to post to the public area of this forum. Access to the training courses is restricted to accepted and paid up students. we welcome applications for any of the courses throughout the year so take a look at the website if you want more details. You can also post specific questions about the courses we offer in the 'Questions' Area of the forums.

We look forward to chatting with you.

JRobson64
What decks do you use?: RW Thoth

Re: Welcome to the Thoth forum

Postby JRobson64 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:53 am

Thx Emma. I'm lost. I really don't know what to do. Could you please give me instructions to start me off on what groups to join, which cards to start studying? Do I need to be reading certain articles? Plz help?

Emma
Tutor

Postby Emma » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:04 am

Hi Julie

Well done on registering. I will give you access to your training area now I know your username. I will send you an email with the links to the area and where to start in about an hour.

Great to have you here!

Gwinna
What decks do you use?: Thoth and Mother Peace

Postby Gwinna » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:33 am

I'm not sure this is the right place to post but here goes... I would love any input and ideas from this reading. It seems a really important time for all of us.

My sister is a healer at the Edgar Cayce Institute in NYC and the Executive Director did this reading for a group of very concerned individuals re: the coming year. I have attached the link for your info.

http://www.edgarcaycenyc.org/about-are/ ... g-for-2017

After reading this and since I am in the midst of Emma’s Advanced Course 2 on the Thoth Tarot, I thought I would do the same spread and see what I got. The question I asked was the same…

“What is the most important thing that Spirit/Source God would like for us to know about the coming year?”

And this is what I got:

1) Overall message from Spirit/Source God about 2017: The Universe
2)Conscious influences - what we are aware of: Queen of Swords
3)What we are not aware of: The Lovers
4)Where we are now and actions to be taken: The Chariot
5)Probable outcome, main insight, understanding: The Empress

Overall message from Sprit/Source God about 2017:
1) UNIVERSE - Triumph in all undertakings, ascension to the Divine, Great joy and harmony. I believe that this card is telling us that the plan for this year is out of our hands - there is Divine intervention and great potential as the pieces come together. It is the life force, the seed of creation and the Apocalypse all at once coming together for perhaps the creation of a new world order.

2) Conscious influences - what we are aware of:
QUEEN OF SWORDS; We see the old falling away. We are taking off old masks and re-looking at everything. We have relinquished the security of the old and will fight for the good and new. There is a major restructuring going on and it will be our mission. We must put our emotions aside to accomplish this task so we won’t be paralyzed by fear and doubt.

3) What we are not aware of:
THE LOVERS The path to deeper fulfillment is to look at the conflicts - masculine energy vs. feminine energy - forward motion and restraint. These conflicts need to be resolved and disagreements overcome. This is the beginning of a great transition as seen by the winged egg with the snake entwined. Our mission is to figure out ways to resolve and find solutions to the present difficulties and we will find ways but following our hearts truth is key.

4) Where we are now and actions to be taken:
THE CHARIOT - Inner, outer and cosmic goals need to be aligned and harmonized in order to head in the same direction. A new world is forming and at the center of it all, love and family can guide and help clarify the issues. This card is promising a new beginning- now is the time to focus and clarify important issues.

5) Probable outcome, main insight, understanding.
THE EMPRESS - We must till our fields well so our harvest is rich and full. Trust in life’s forces for growth. The Empress represents the helpful and healing powers of nature, inner and outer wealth, God, Nature and Motherhood are all here. With due diligence and care, this year should produce some wonders and a better, more united world.

In the process of shuffling the 7 of swords flew out of the deck. I suspect this is a warning to us all to be diligent - don’t get complacent and keep striving. The center sword is strong with the sun on its hilt but the smaller swords indicate self doubt. We must stay true to the messages of the cards above and not let the worries take over.
Carolyn

Emma
Tutor

Postby Emma » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:14 pm

Great reading Carolyn, interesting isn't it! So many major cards in such a small spread. I will share my take on this here too.

Something is ending for sure.

I think the Queen is talking about the truth coming to light - the masks are being removed as you say - I like your take on this card here.

Good take on the lovers too.. And interpersonally we are seeing our shadow sides before us in politics and some world events too (Lovers - the mirror of ourselves shown to us through our relationships with others - what we are not aware of in ourselves (position) is coming to light through our relationships. Any thoughts about the astrology of this card?

Chariot is also about connection with the higher self under spiritually protective circumstances - the representation of fours on this card, 4 pillars of the chariot - the four guardians sitting ready to pull forward when needed.

With your take on the Lovers what does the Empress also indicate, perhaps even suggest has been in the shadow globally?

Return to “Thoth Chat”