Spreads

Sarah
What decks do you use?: Thoth

Spreads

Postby Sarah » Wed May 18, 2011 7:16 pm

Hello out there

I was scanning through the aeclectic forum before at the links to different spreads - it's here http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=31867 - if anyone wants to look.

:o there are a fair few on there to say the least... so I was wondering, do people have particular favourites they use in readings? Do they differ depending on the question asked and the format of the reading? (For example, ten cards in a Celtic Cross probably looks better to someone sitting across the table from you than four cards would).

I have noted down spreads that I've used/come across and liked, as I've gone along. Most of them, though, are more specific than general... and I certainly don't remember them without referring to the book I've noted them in. So might you tailor a spread, or create a new one, depending on the question asked at the time? (I'd have to write it down, I guess; I can't even remember more than three items on a shopping list unless I make some form of anagram out of them :lol: )

Thanks for any replies :D

Catnap
What decks do you use?: Llewellyn Tarot, Cats Eye Tarot, Wildwood Tarot, Tarot of the Pagan Cats, Deviant Moon Tarot, Shadowscapes Tarot, Radiant Wider Waite Tarot and the Fairytale Tarot.

Re: Spreads

Postby Catnap » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:59 pm

Thanks for the link Mandy - will have a good look through those.

My favourite spread at the moment is the hermit spread (I cant remember where I got it from but I think it was Aeclectic).

Basically I shuffle the cards thinking of the Hermit and of my question. I then sort through the deck. The card in front of the hermit represents what I hear from him/her and the card after the hermit is what I receive from him/her. I find this works really well for me especially as the hermit is the card in the deck I most associate with :)

Sarah
What decks do you use?: Thoth

Postby Sarah » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi Catnap

What an interesting idea! I'll try that, thanks. :D

Sarah

pagan wolf
What decks do you use?: Thoth, Rider Waite, Spiral Tarot, and Element Tarot

Postby pagan wolf » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:02 pm

I am a member of the acelectic forum and it is a good forum. Would recommend it. I make my own spread based around my life and situations at present. I find that making my own spreads work well for me. I got a note book and made it a Tarot spread book just for me.

chazzieg

Postby chazzieg » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:50 pm

I'm a member also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Tarot Chat”